KAROO Refco replace COUGAR EDC Pump placement in drip tray or tank
KAROO condensate removal pump 4678512 Refco for replacement COUGAR EDC Pump
Compact pump for placement in a drip tray or tank
The EDC model DPP 0062 is replaced by model EDC Cougar
this model is 3 cm longer
we ship the new model Karoo from Refco In Stock
Professionals in refrigeration technology
Since 1986 in refrigeration technology
You have Always genuine manufacturer's warranty
KAROO 4678512 Refco EDC Cougar Pump drip tray pump with electronic sensor
- old COU.6000.0 model EDC Cougar
- The old COUGAR is a submersible condensate removal pump designed to automatically remove condensate water from refrigerated cases, dehumidifiers, fan coils and air conditioning systems.
- The pump is intended to be installed within a collection tray inside the equipment.
- The water level is measured by an Electronic Energy Control System (EECS) that controls the operation of the pump via the fully-encapsulated circuitry.
- Condensate is generally seen as water which occurs through condensation which condenses out of the air.
- In air conditioning and refrigeration engineering, condensate can arise in various ways :
- condensed building water (cooled or heated)
- cooled air in cooling plant and refrigeration plant
- steam in heat pumps and radiators
- the exhaust air from highly efficient furnaces
- Why do we need condensate pumps?
- Condensate pumps are a special type of pumps with which the condensate can be pumped off if it cannot naturally drain away on a slope.
- The pumps usually consist of the actual pump block and a sensor unit which is either integrated into the pump block or delivered separately.
- The advantages of using electronic sensors
- The majority of condensate pumps are fitted with a classic float switch.
- EDC has chosen to use a completely different approach. All condensate pumps are fitted with an electronic sensor which is a lot more reliable than the classic float.
- There are no moving parts in the electronic sensor which can stick due to dirt in the condensate and therefore prevent correct operation of the pump.
- One further advantage is the flexible positioning.
- The special design means that the pump does not have to be positioned exactly horizontal but can accept a tilt angle of up to 90°!
- Therefore the pump sensor or the pump can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, precisely at the location where there is space available.
The KAROO is completely sealed, which makes it a submersible pump for use in condensate trays. Its high pumping capacity enables it to be used in commercial, industrial and domestic installations. The electronic sensor triggers the pumping capacity and, if necessary, an alarm, and prevents otherwise common mechanical blockages of floats.
- Electronic Energy Control System (EECS) with alarm circuit
- Smooth start through "EECS"
- All electronic components are encapsulated to protect them from moisture
- Pleasantly quiet
- Powerful and compact
- Built-in filter and integrated backstop
- CE compliant
Refco is a company that manufactures various HVAC/R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration) equipment, including condensate removal pumps. Condensate removal pumps are commonly used in HVAC systems to remove condensation produced by air conditioning units, refrigeration systems, or high-efficiency furnaces.
These pumps are designed to pump out the accumulated condensate water from the systems to prevent overflow or water damage. They are particularly useful in situations where the condensate cannot be drained by gravity alone.
Refco's condensate removal pumps are likely to be designed with features such as:
Automatic operation: Many pumps are equipped with sensors that detect the presence of condensate and automatically activate the pump when needed.
Quiet operation: Noise can be a concern, especially if the pump is installed in a residential or quiet environment. Refco pumps may feature quiet operation to minimize disturbance.
Compact size: Space can be limited in HVAC installations, so condensate pumps are often designed to be compact and easy to install in tight spaces.
High efficiency: Efficient pumps help to minimize energy consumption and reduce operating costs over time.
Reliability: Dependability is crucial for any pump, as malfunction can lead to water damage and system failure. Refco likely emphasizes the reliability of their pumps through quality construction and design.
It's worth noting that specific features and specifications may vary depending on the model and intended application of the condensate pump. If you're considering a Refco condensate removal pump for your HVAC system, it's recommended to consult with a professional HVAC technician to ensure it meets your requirements and is compatible with your existing setup.
REFCO Swiss made.